Ugh! I don’t know if I can take much more of this snow. We’ve already accumulated well over 5 feet of snow in the past 2 weeks, and I’m pretty sure there’s no place else to fit any more. Yet, there’s another storm coming our way tonight that will last until Monday. Don’t get me wrong, I LOVE winter, and snow, and the seasons, I’m just itching for some sun and sand.
Here’s my must-haves for your (because I’m not going anywhere) next beach vacation! I can at least live vicariously through you, right?
1. Who doesn’t love a polka-dot bikini with a scalloped hem? I especially love the color because it’s neither too light, nor too bold. Perfect for first beach-day of the season skin. Found here.
2. How cute is this little two piece cover-up! I’d probably buy the large top to get a longer line/less belly. Found here.
3. I desperately need new sunnies. I’ve had the exact same pair of Ray Bans for years (which I still do love) but I really could use a refresh. The sunglasses above are McQ by Alexander McQueen. Found here.
4. Good skin care is super important for the beach. If you’re anything like me, you no longer get a kick out of sitting on your beach chair all day long. I get bored and antsy. I’d rather spread my time between dips in the water, beach volleyball, walks, and reading. So I need something that will stick with me throughout all of my activities. I am also a weirdo about the products I put on my skin. I have rosacea prone Irish skin – so I need ultra-moisturizing, sun -protecting (otherwise I get really tan and SUPER freckled) natural lotion. Here’s what MDSolarScience’s says about this cream:
“Ideally suited for acne and rosacea-prone skin, this product is non-comedogenic, unscented, gluten-free, not tested on animals, and developed and approved by dermatologists. It is formulated without oxybenzone, octinoxate aminobenzoic acid (PABA), and synthetic fragrance”
Hello, we have a winner. Found here.
5. I love the idea of flat espadrilles for the beach. I can’t get over the inappropriateness of wedge espadrilles and the beach – yes they’re cute if you’re going to a swanky pool party and you’re named Cameron Diaz, but I am neither of those two things so it hasn’t really stuck for me. The issue is that I love the woven straw look they provide, so when they started coming out with cute flat versions – like these beauts – I was totally on board. I love the Sam Edelman’s shown above because of the mix-matched patterns and beading. So fun. Found here.
6. I just bought this lip gloss at Sephora a few weeks ago and love it. It has a slight hue that blends with the color of your lips. It’s protective, moisturizing, and free of all the junk. I picked a gloss over a balm because who doesn’t love a dewey lip with the salt watered hair look. Found here.
7. I love these juices because they are raw yet pre-made. Not cheap so it’s definitely a once in a while thing when I’m in a rush. Which, well, I usually am when I’m trying to get to the beach. It is very heat sensitive so try to drink it before you’re really in the sun and once you are, switch to water. Found here.
8. I LOVE this Tory Burch beach bag. It can so seamlessly transition between a true beach bag and a night-time bag. And well let’s be real, when I’m on a vacation I’m all about functionality and taking any help in reducing the amount of stuff I need to pack. I think this is so stinkin’ cute for a beach vacation. Found here.
What do you think about the products listed above?
Do you own or have any of them? Which is your favorite?
What’s your favorite beach, or vacation must-have?