I think it’s about the time in the week that we all start craving some thing….alcohol, snack food, sweets. Thursdays just represent the turning point for the end of the week and the start of the weekend. Basically, it’s the time when we stop doing work until Monday. So I have a little something for you today to satisfy your cravings all while actually doing something good for you! And honestly, cooking always helps me feel productive while doing something totally selfish.
My solution: Vegan PB cups! YUM.
My roommate is obsessed, by the way. I mean she’s addicted to sugar but I think that says something coming from someone who indulges in sweets often, right? It was sooo easy too! Ethan and I made these bad boys just through experimentation, no recipe reference or anything… that’s how easy they are.
Note, the store had only one bag of vegan chocolate chips, and one bar of dark Ghiradelli so we had to mix, I don’t recommend this chose one or the other!
What you need: (Makes 9 regular sized cups)
2 Bars of baking chocoloate (I prefer Ghiradelli, and the % of cacao is up to you, just make sure it’s vegan!), chopped separately.
1/2 Tbsp. Earth Balance butter, or Coconut Oil divided into two 1/4 tbsps.
1 Cup Justin’s Peanut Butter
A generous pinch of salt
What you need to do:
1. Line a cookie sheet with 9 normal (or mini!) cupcake liners
2. Fill a small pot a quarter of the way full of water, and place a glass mixing bowl to fit on top without touching the water. Bring the water to a simmer and add your first bar of chopped chocolate in the double boiler.
3. Mix the chocolate frequently to ensure that it melts evenly and doesn’t burn. As soon as your chocolate is about to be fully melted add your first quarter of butter or coconut oil. Mix until all is melted and incorporated.
4. I added the melted chocolate to a liquid measuring cup to aid in the filling processes. Next, add enough chocolate to your liners so that the bottom get covered in chocolate. Go light on the chocolate at first to ensure you get chocolate in all 9 liners before you go back to add more.
5. Put your chocolate covered liners in the freezer to begin to set.
6. Now start on your second round of chocolate, following the same instructions as step 3 above.
7. While your chocolate is melting, add your peanut butter to a microwave safe dish and microwave for 30 seconds, or until loose enough to stir easily. Mix your generous pinch of salt into the melted pb. Let it sit for a few minutes while you focus more on your chocolate.
8. Remove your first layer of chocolate from the freezer, and pour your pb into the center. Be as generous as you want here!
9. Add your top coat of chocolate to the cups and place in the freezer or fridge.